Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another Thing That Makes Me Smile

I love the hands, feet, faces, tongues and lips of kids.  They tell a story.  And it's almost always a fun story.

Faces tell all.  My youngest got into everything.  I think she figured there were six others I had to keep my eye on, so I might miss what she was getting into.  Honestly, I may have missed some... but not this one.  I came into the kitchen and found cherry pie filling on the handle of the fridge.  After further inspection, it was also on the cabinet, the light switch, and down the hall.  It stopped at the bathroom door.  Upon opening the door, there sat my little mischief maker licking her fingers that she quickly hid behind her back.  As she smiled and exclaimed that "I didn't do anything!" a cherry fell from her pie filling smeared face!

I love the black bottoms of kids feet that tell me they have had a wonderful day exploring the outdoors on a nice summer days.  I love hands of my kids on Easter Sunday.  Try as I did to dress them in the perfect Easter outfits, their purple, blue and green hands were a dead give away that we had died eggs the day before.

And one summer we got an ice shaver complete with snowcone  supplies.  We impatiently waited for our block of ice to melt.  It seemed like it was days.  We careful filled each paper cone with ice and then drenched it with flavored syrup.  Tongues and lips told the tale of who had grape, tigers blood, or cherry.

And now the fun carries on as my children are grown and I have grandchildren.  A blue Dum Dum sucker for the oldest and showing her in a mirror that her tongue is as blue as blue can be.  And face of my youngest granddaughter with Cheerios stuck to her cheeks and chin.  These are the things that make me smile.



This is a sponsored post for Snappy Popcorn, however, all the points and views are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment